Matthew 6:24-34 "No one
can serve two masters; for either he will hate the one and love the other,
or else he will be loyal to the one and despise the other. You cannot
serve God and mammon.
25. "Therefore I say to you, do not worry about your life, what you will
eat or what you will drink; nor about your body, what you will put on. Is
not life more than food and the body more than clothing?
26. "Look at the birds of the air, for they neither sow nor reap nor
gather into barns; yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not of
more value than they?
27. "Which of you by worrying can add one cubit to his stature?
28. "So why do you worry about clothing? Consider the lilies of the
field, how they grow: they neither toil nor spin;
29. "and yet I say to you that even Solomon in all his glory was not
arrayed like one of these.
30. "Now if God so clothes the grass of the field, which today is, and
tomorrow is thrown into the oven, will He not much more clothe you, O you
of little faith?
31. "Therefore do not worry, saying, `What shall we eat?' or `What shall
we drink?' or `What shall we wear?'
32. "For after all these things the Gentiles seek. For your heavenly
Father knows that you need all these things.
33. "But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all
these things shall be added to you.
34. "Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about
its own things. Sufficient for the day is its own trouble.
In the above scriptures our Lord
taught us not to worry about the temporal things of this life. He said
that our heavenly Father knows that we have needs and would provide for us
and that we should seek the kingdom of God and His righteousness. If we
have our priorities in order the results will be peace and God will
supply our needs.
Philippians 4:6-9 Be
anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with
thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God;
7. and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard
your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.
8. Finally, brethren, whatever things are true, whatever things are
noble, whatever things are just, whatever things are pure, whatever things
are lovely, whatever things are of good report, if there is any virtue and
if there is anything praiseworthy meditate on these things.
things which you learned and received and heard and saw in me, these do,
the God of peace will be with you.
Our peace must be maintained
This is done by taking
everything to God in prayer, leaving it in his hands. Then we must keep
his peace about it, by thinking on the right things. We must not allow
ourselves worrisome thoughts etc. refuse to think bad thoughts, you are
trusting God, if not then why did you take it to Him in prayer?
Pray and ask God to help
you, surrender to Him your burdens of worry etc.
Heavenly Father we come to
you in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ
and give to you the burden that we carry. Father, I pray for everyone that
is bound by worry and anxiety that they would be set free! May your peace
guard their hearts and minds.
In Christ's Service