An est.70 years lapse from the captivity and carrying away of the inhabitants of the southern kingdom, to their first return, led by Zerubbabel. These Jews restored their genealogy and set about to rebuild the temple, under much opposition,
Some main persons and events of Ezra
Ch.1-10 - Cyrus, Zerubbabel, Artaxerxes, EzraEvents - The return of Jews, building the temple, opposition from the inhabitants of the land, Artaxerxes suspends the work, the work resumed, The prophets Haggai and Zachariah encourage the Jews to complete the work, Ezra’s ministry.
*Other books during the time of Ezra
EstherWriting - Prophets to the returning Jews to their homeland
Ch.1-6 A return under Zerubbabel
1. The king of Persia, king____________issued a decree,
permitting Jews to return to
2. Besides the Jews themselves, what else did the king
allow to return?______________
3. Chapter two deals with: a. numbers of the people
returning b. the amount of moneys
4. When the foundation of the temple was laid, the people wept and________________
5. What did adversaries of the Jews first try to do? a.
kill Zerubbabel b. join in the
6. Artaxerxes orders the work on the temple to be stopped. true - false
7. The work was resumed during the ________year of the reign of Darius, king of Persia.
8. What two prophets ministered unto the Jews, at this
9. The house of the Lord was finished in the sixth year of the reign of Darius. true - false* During the years that pass between Ch. 6-7; the events of the book of Esther take place.
Ch.7-10 A return under Ezra
10. Ezra was a ready scribe in the law of____________________.
11. Ezra was upset at the Jews when he got to Jerusalem
because. a. they had mingled
12. After prayer, weeping and confession of sins the Jews
were to put away their foreign