If you have recently accepted Jesus Christ as your Savior; then as a new Christian, there are some basic things that you need to know.
Salvation is not
based upon feelings but upon God's word. What does God say in the Bible about
salvation? There will be days that you don't feel saved, there may be times
that you do the wrong thing and feel that you are the worst sinner. There may
be times that you feel God's presence and times that you don't.
In my early years as a Christian, I once was praying "God where are you? I don't feel or sense your presence." He said to me "where are your children?" My response was, "Lord they're in their bedroom asleep." Using this as an opportunity to teach me something, the Lord said, "Have you left them?" "No Lord I answered, I'm sitting here in the living room." The Lord said, "Just because you are not holding them, doesn't mean that you are not with them; I will never leave you nor forsake you.
From God's Word - the Bible
God loves you
John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
* Do you believe in Jesus? Have you put your trust in Him for salvation?
Notice that God loved us so much that He gave His only begotten Son, for
Romans 5:8 But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.
Romans 8:38-39 For I am persuaded that neither death nor life, nor angels nor principalities nor powers, nor things present nor things to come,
39. nor height nor depth, nor any other created thing, shall be able to
separate us from the love of God which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.
You did not, nor cannot, earn Salvation
Ephesians 2:8-9 For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God,
9. not of works, lest anyone should boast.
God has provided salvation for us by the work of His Son the Lord Jesus Christ.
Man cannot earn his way to God by his or her efforts.
If you have ever tried to keep your lawn looking nice, then you have experienced the Dandelion, a weed that can take over a lawn, choking out the grass. I have torn the flower of dandelions off but they always grow back. Dandelions must be dealt with at the root. Kill the root, and you kill the dandelion.
Man's effort to earn salvation by his own means, through self effort or
religion can be compared to tearing off the flower of the dandelion, it
doesn't deal with the root. God dealt with the root of man's problem, sin. God
provided the only remission for our sins; the precious blood of His Son the
Lord Jesus Christ.
Jesus is the only way of Salvation
John 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.
Acts 4:12 Salvation is found in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given to men by which we must be saved."
Jesus Christ was the only one, to die for our sins
Jesus Christ died, was buried and rose again on the 3rd. day.
Jesus Christ fulfilled Old Testament Prophecy
Jesus Christ is the only begotten Son of God
Jesus Christ was sinless
God's way of Salvation for humanity is through and by the Lord Jesus Christ and no one else.
1 John 5:11-14 And this is the record, that God hath given to us eternal life, and this life is in his Son.
12. He that hath the Son hath life; and he that hath not the Son of God hath not life.
13. These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of
the Son of God that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye
may believe on the name of the Son of God.
* Notice that John says that these thing were written that we may know that we have eternal life.
* God's word gives us assurance and confidence.
John 1:12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:
Romans 10:8-13 But what saith it? The word is nigh thee, even in thy mouth, and in thy heart: that is, the word of faith, which we preach;
9. That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.
10. For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.
11. For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed.
12. For there is no difference between the Jew and the Greek: for the same Lord over all is rich unto all that call upon him.
13. For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.
My brother or sister rest in God's finished work of salvation. There are things that you should do as a Christian but they do not earn salvation. Plain and simple: Jesus got it for us.
Who You Are Now
dear precious sister or brother you are now a child of God, the King's child.
Born again by the Word and by the Spirit, a New Creature in Christ Jesus.
You have a world wide family and we love you! We the family of God here on earth, are made up of all races of people who love Jesus, our Lord, Savior and King, praise His holy name.
You are no longer the person that you used to be; you are now a new person: Redeemed by the blood of Jesus Christ, God is your Father.
Now, you are a child of God, a joint heir with Jesus Christ. The time will come and our King shall return for us, we will be caught up to meet Him in the air and so shall we be with our Lord. I love you my sister and my brother.
Read the New Testament, find out what God's word says. Its not wrong to
say and believe
what the Bible says concerning
John 3:5-6 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.
6. That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.
1 Peter 1:23 Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever.
Galatians 3:26 For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus.
Romans 8:15-17 For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father.
16. The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God:
17. And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together.
1 John 3:2 Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is.
2 Corinthians 5:17 Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.
Ephesians 1:7 In whom we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of his grace;
1 Thessalonians 4:16-18 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:
17. Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.
18. Wherefore comfort one another with these words.
If You Sin
you have probably already found out, a Christian can sin. We aren't perfect,
we are forgiven. God's plan of salvation is complete. He has made provision
for us; that if we break fellowship with Him by sinning, we can be restored by
the on going work of the Lord Jesus Christ; as He intercedes and represents us
before the throne of God, as our High Priest and Advocate. His blood that was
shed to redeemed us, has been presented before God upon the mercy seat in
behalf of the Christian, for the cleansing of our sins as we confess them.
1 John 1:9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
1 John 2:1 My little children, these things I write to you, that you may not sin. And if anyone sins, we have an Advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous.
1 John 1:7 But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin.
1 Timothy 2:5 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;
Sometimes after we ask God to forgive us, the enemy will fight against us with feelings of condemnation etc. A Christian must stand on God's word. Speak what the Bible says:
If I confess my sins He is faithful and just to forgive me etc. (see above 1 John1:9) If you fall down, get back up, for God is for you not against you. He gave Jesus for you, while you were a sinner, he will not throw you away now that you are His child.
How many times has your children or mine, messed up as they were growing up? Did we disown them etc. Sometimes we had to correct them, but we continued to love them.
Do you or I still remember our children's mistakes as they were growing up? Is our love for our children greater or more noble then God's love for us? He gave His only Son for us, that is how much He loves us. Would you or I give our only child for sinners?
Hebrews 12:5-14 And
ye have forgotten the exhortation which speaketh unto you as unto children, My
son, despise not thou the chastening of the Lord, nor faint when thou art
rebuked of him:
6. For whom the Lord loveth he chasteneth, and scourgeth every son whom he receiveth.
7. If ye endure chastening, God dealeth with you as with sons; for what son is he whom the father chasteneth not?
8. But if ye be without chastisement, whereof all are partakers, then are ye bastards, and not sons.
9. Furthermore we have had fathers of our flesh which corrected us, and we gave them reverence: shall we not much rather be in subjection unto the Father of spirits, and live?
10. For they verily for a few days chastened us after their own pleasure; but he for our profit, that we might be partakers of his holiness.
11. Now no chastening for the present seemeth to be joyous, but grievous: nevertheless afterward it yieldeth the peaceable fruit of righteousness unto them which are exercised thereby.
12. Wherefore lift up the hands which hang down, and the feeble knees;
13. And make straight paths for your feet, lest that which is lame be turned out of the way; but let it rather be healed.
14. Follow peace with all men, and holiness, without which no man shall see the Lord:
In Christ's Service
St. Marys Ohio 45885
P.O. Box 522